Briggs and Stratton Corporate Profile 2015



MILWAUKEE (October 23, 2014)-Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of portable generators and pressure washers. In addition, the Company is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden, turf care and other power and job site equipment  through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, SnapperPro®, Ferris®, Murray®, Allmand®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. These products are sold through consumer home centers, department stores, mass merchants, warehouse clubs and independent dealers. In fiscal 2014, Briggs & Stratton Corporation reported $1.9 billion in sales.

Briggs & Stratton’s engines are used primarily by the lawn and garden equipment industry, which accounts for about 86 percent of the Engines segment fiscal 2014 engine sales. Major lawn and garden equipment applications include walk-behind lawn mowers, riding lawn mowers, garden tillers and snow throwers. The remaining 14 percent of engine sales are for use on products for industrial, construction, agricultural and other consumer applications, which include portable and standby generators, pumps and pressure washers. Many retailers specify Briggs & Stratton’s engines on the powered equipment they sell, and the Briggs & Stratton logo is often featured prominently on a product because of the appeal and reputation of the brand.

Approximately 30 percent of Briggs & Stratton’s Engines segment net sales are derived from sales in international markets, primarily to customers in Europe. Briggs & Stratton is a leading supplier of gasoline engines in countries where there is an established lawn and garden equipment market. Briggs & Stratton also exports engines to developing nations where its engines are used in agricultural, marine, construction and other applications.

Briggs & Stratton Corporation manufactures replacement engines and service parts and sells them to sales and service distributors. These distributors supply service parts and replacement engines directly to independently owned, authorized service dealers throughout the world. These distributors and service dealers implement Briggs & Stratton’s commitment to reliability and service.

Briggs & Stratton manufactures engines and parts at the following U.S. locations: Wauwatosa, Wis.; Murray, Ky.; Poplar Bluff, Mo.; Auburn, Ala.; Chongqing, China; and Statesboro, Ga. Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC manufacture and assembles finished goods in Munnsville, N.Y. and McDonough, Ga. Victa Product Development Center in Sydney, Australia; and Branco Distribution Center in Curatiba, Brazil. Briggs & Stratton manufactures job site products at its Holdredge, Neb. Facility.

For additional information on Briggs & Stratton Corporation, please visit www.basco.com and www.briggsandstratton.com.

 

###