MILWAUKEE (October 22, 2014)
InStart is Briggs & Stratton’s easiest electric-starting engine and is debuting on the world’s first lawn mower to combine the power of gas and the starting reliability of lithium-ion battery technology. Available in early 2015, the InStart starting system requires no prime, no choke and no rope to pull.
Brigg’s & Stratton’s consumer research consistently shows durability and starting as the two most important features in a mower. InStart extends Briggs & Stratton’s already industry-leading starting technology and offers consumers the most advanced starting method on the market.
The engine experts at Briggs & Stratton added lithium-ion battery technology as a starting option because of its many benefits including:
- Reliability for starting gas-powered engines.
- Quick, reliable charging – it’s fully charged in one our, which delivers 100 starts and is good for the entire mowing season. Twenty minutes of charging provides 10 starts, making it easy to mow the lawn if there are time constraints.
- The battery pack is lightweight, mobile and requires no tools.
- Batteries last 3x longer than traditional batteries found on mowers.
- It replaces lead acid battery technology, which is more eco-friendly.
Briggs & Stratton’s InStart starting technology will be featured on Cub Cadet mowers and available in early 2015 at Cub Cadet dealers and Costco Wholesale.
Jason Niosi, 608/268-5318, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carissa Gingras, 414/259-5821, email@example.com