MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (June 27, 2017) – Taking care of the outside of a house is an important part of the American dream of owning a home. Today, more than 70 million U.S. households and thousands of businesses use Briggs & Stratton engines and outdoor power equipment to maintain beautiful outdoor spaces. Eighty-five percent of Briggs & Stratton products are made in the U.S.A., with U.S. and globally sourced components. Plus, those products are backed by a U.S. network of more than 12,000 independent dealers.
“Briggs & Stratton manufactures products in the U.S.A. to better meet our customer’s expectations” stated Rick Carpenter, vice president of corporate marketing. “We believe the 4,500 hard working Americans we employ help us create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.”
Throughout its rich 109 year history, Briggs & Stratton has been committed to U.S. manufacturing and has had multiple manufacturing and warehouse facilities in several states and regions across the U.S. The innovative and dependable products these plants produced have shaped the industries they serve and helped people to get work done easier around the world.
This year, employees at multiple Briggs & Stratton manufacturing facilities are continuing to enable the American dream and have reached some impressive milestones.
· The Murray, KY engine plant produced its 85 millionth engine in June 2017 after opening in 1984.
· The Poplar Bluff, MO engine plant produced its 80 millionth engine in February 2017 after opening in 1989.
· The Statesboro, GA engine plant produced its 21 millionth engine in March 2017 after opening in 1995.
· The Auburn, AL engine plant produced its 18.5 millionth engines in April 2017 after opening in 1995.
· The Milwaukee, WI plant, which produces both engine components and end products, produced its 1 millionth pressure washer in November 2016 after starting pressure washer production in 2014.
“We’re honored to be celebrating so many great milestones and to be a part of America’s history,” adds Carpenter. “More and more, we are extending this legacy to help professionals get the job done with commercial products and engines. Around the country, thousands of businesses rely on Briggs & Stratton products to get the job done.”
The four U.S. based Briggs & Stratton engine plants have produced more than 200 million engines since their openings. Briggs & Stratton has its headquarters and eight manufacturing facilities located in the United States.