The Site uses Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. An Internet Service Provider ("ISP") typically assigns a random dynamic IP address at the time of your dial-up. For local area network ("LAN"), DSL, or cable modem users, a static IP address may be permanently assigned to a particular computer. We may record the IP addresses of visitors to the Site. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. However, we may link IP addresses to personally identifiable information you provide through the Site.
d. Information You Provide To A Third Party
2. The Purposes For Which We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to serve our customers and improve their experience at the Site. Some examples include:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Improving customer service
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us
- Communicating about special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys
- Identifying you on our Site and tailoring messages and offers to you based on your interactions with us online
- Facilitating interactions with Briggs & Stratton and others, such as enabling you to email a link to a friend or post a link on Facebook
- Continuously evaluating and improving our online user experience
Surveys and Contests
From time-to-time our Site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code or age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use of, and your satisfaction with, this Site.
Supplementation of information
In order for this Site to enhance its ability to tailor the Site to an individual's preference, we may combine information about the purchasing habits of users with similar information from our merchant partners to create a personalized user profile. When a user makes a purchase from our merchant partners, the companies collect and share that purchase information with us so we can tailor the Site to our users' preferences.
3. How We Share The Information We Collect
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your personal data:
- Briggs & Stratton entities: Briggs & Stratton, or its subsidiaries or affiliates, are the owners of related brands, including but not limited to, Snapper, Simplicity, Brute, Murray, and Victa. As such, if you provide information on any of the websites owned or operated by Briggs & Stratton, or its subsidiaries or affiliates, this information may be combined or shared among other current or future Briggs & Stratton entities, including subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Third-party service providers: We also may share your information with third-party service providers under contract with Briggs & Stratton, or its subsidiaries or affiliates, to help us provide services to you. Such third-party service providers include, for example, credit card payment processors, e-mail marketers, website analytics providers, and chat communications providers.
- Partners: We also may share your information with third parties who sell products or services that we believe might be of interest to you, such as independent dealers who sell our products and services and merchant partners who provide related products and services, such as gardening equipment or supplies.
- Required disclosures: Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or protect the rights, property, or safety of Briggs and Stratton, its subsidiaries or affiliates, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use this Site. If a country has a higher age for juvenile online privacy protections, we will not collect data from any minor in that country who is younger than the minimum age requirement.
4. How We Protect The Information We Collect
We work to protect the security of your personal information. During transmission of personal information between you and our Site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt information you input. During the order process, we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. The entire credit card number is, of course, submitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing, but we do not store your credit card information on our servers.
All of our users' information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. All employees with access to personal information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our customers' information. Finally, the servers that we use to store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure, restricted access area.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
5. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the e-mail
- Update, delete, and correct personal information in your account or by contacting us. We will update, delete, and correct your personal information as required by applicable law.
7. Information Specific To Your Region
For the State of California, please read the information below.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance/Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who use this Site may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of the user’s personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by e-mail or by mail to:
Briggs & Stratton Corporate Headquarters
P.O. Box 702
Milwaukee, WI, 53201
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
The Site collects personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
We support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit, including the Site, know that you do not want the sites collecting your personally identifiable information.
For locations outside of the United States, please read the information below.
The personal information collected through the Site is downloaded to a server maintained by Briggs & Stratton. Briggs & Stratton is located at 12301 W. Wirth Street, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin 53222 in the United States. Briggs & Stratton may use your personal information for the purposes described in the section above titled “The Purposes For Which We Use The Personal Information We Collect” and disclose it to third parties as described in the section above titled “How We Share The Information We Collect.”