MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (May 10, 2017) –At more than 60 percent quieter1, 30 percent lighter and 45 percent more compact than a standard generator2, the new Briggs & Stratton Q6500 QuietPower™ Series inverter generator3 introduces category-changing innovations to the generator market. Its fully-enclosed, impact-resistant shell significantly reduces noise and its lightweight compact design answers unmet needs among generator owners.
“We created a residential backup power source that drew upon the convenience and fuel efficiency inverters have brought to camping and tailgating events, but also increased the power output and value to serve the portable home backup market,” says Dan Roche, director of marketing, portable power and cleaning systems at Briggs & Stratton. “The Q6500 combines the best of inverter technology with enough wattage for total home power restoration.”
The innovation behind the Q6500 was a collaborative effort between the Global Engines & Power Group and Global Turf & Consumer Product Group at Briggs & Stratton. A recent study by the outdoor power equipment manufacturer uncovered quieter operation, improved fuel efficiency and lower weight were among the top six unmet needs of generator shoppers4. The Q6500’s integrated engine and alternator configuration reduces overall weight and space, and simplifies airflow, allowing for complete enclosure which results in lower noise.
- 306cc integrated engine/alternator allows for big power without the weight and bulk
- Up to 14 hour run time at 25 percent load5
- Impact-resistant shell encloses an all-steel frame for additional noise reduction and protection
- Lightweight design and telescoping handle for effortless storage and maneuverability
- Four GFCI 120V-20A outlets, one 120V-240V locking outlet and two USB outlets
- 6500 starting watts6 delivers enough power to keep essential appliances and electronics up and running7
- Muffler and balancer minimizes noise
The Briggs & Stratton Q6500 QuietPower™ Series inverter generator will be available in June 2017 at HomeDepot.com with an MSRP of $1,499.
While portable generators can provide users with flexibility and comfort, people should use portable generators appropriately at all times in order to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. As a member of the Portable Generator Manufacturers’ Association, Briggs & Stratton invites everyone to visit www.TakeYourGeneratorOutside.com to learn more about portable generator safety.
Office: (608) 251-7070